Wednesday, April 29, 2009

One Thing Leads to Another

The picture you see is only the beginning of the end of the story. Kip got himself into some trouble over Christmas break. You see, he decided to fix a coat rack that had come partially off the wall. I happened to walk in when he was in the middle of his 10 minute project. I suggested that since he already had that off the wall we might as well paint the walls in the back entry of the house. They needed it badly and we both knew it. That quickly turned into "Well, we might as well paint the laundry room since we already have the paint out. It needs it just as bad and the room could really use some color."
After deciding on yellow for those two areas we decided we might as well paint the kitchen yellow like we had always wanted to. We had also always wanted to paint our very dated cabinets white. We knew it was a huge undertaking and had therefore never gotten past choosing a paint color. Now seemed like a good time, so we spent most of Christmas break and every free moment for the next month working mostly on the cabinets, sanding, priming, painting, sanding, painting and so on.
Okay, so I will give credit where it is due. My fabulous husband worked like crazy!! I did a little here or there (to make it look like I was being useful). I am not sure we would ever do cabinets again, but I have to say my kitchen is so light now! I love it! I should have included some before shots, but here are the afters. By the way, the laundry room was not available for pictures tonight :) Maybe another time when it's not laundry day. Do those days happen?








4 comments:

Jennifer said...

It looks great! I love the yellow.

Anna said...

Your kitchen really looks great. Your narrative reminded me of, "if you give a mouse a cookie." If you give Kip a paintbrush...

Heather said...

LOVE IT! You guys are so amazing. Do you want to come do all our projects? I agree with the "If you give Kip a paintbrush" comment. Love the music too. Cute background too. You are just remodeling everything, your kitchen, your blog. . .Come to my house!

tjayandjulie said...

Looks great, I like the yellow!