I took this picture a few days ago in our back yard. Kip detests anything that grows in the cracks of the sidewalk, and goes after them with a grimace on his face and the weed killer in hand. I admired this little flower for it's simple beauty, but even more for it's determination to make the best of the situation it was given. I only hope I can do the same. I will miss all of my dear friends in Michigan. I find each day I am here the harder it is to leave. I am positive there is something more than a crack in the sidewalk for me to grow in. I leave feeling as though I have taken all the water and fertilizer and given little in return, I will take it with me...and pay it forward I suppose.
Friday, May 7, 2010
Blooming
Today we had a gentleman come to the home to survey our goods for the move. He was an 80 year old man whose zest for life was rather contagious. When he found out we were moving to Kansas he asked me if I was excited about it. I gave a positive response. He said that he always tells people that if they think they will like it, they will. If they aren't sure, they'll never know. If they say they won't like it, they won't. It made me think of something my mom used to say...or I heard somewhere when I was growing up...bloom where you are planted.
I took this picture a few days ago in our back yard. Kip detests anything that grows in the cracks of the sidewalk, and goes after them with a grimace on his face and the weed killer in hand. I admired this little flower for it's simple beauty, but even more for it's determination to make the best of the situation it was given. I only hope I can do the same. I will miss all of my dear friends in Michigan. I find each day I am here the harder it is to leave. I am positive there is something more than a crack in the sidewalk for me to grow in. I leave feeling as though I have taken all the water and fertilizer and given little in return, I will take it with me...and pay it forward I suppose.
I took this picture a few days ago in our back yard. Kip detests anything that grows in the cracks of the sidewalk, and goes after them with a grimace on his face and the weed killer in hand. I admired this little flower for it's simple beauty, but even more for it's determination to make the best of the situation it was given. I only hope I can do the same. I will miss all of my dear friends in Michigan. I find each day I am here the harder it is to leave. I am positive there is something more than a crack in the sidewalk for me to grow in. I leave feeling as though I have taken all the water and fertilizer and given little in return, I will take it with me...and pay it forward I suppose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You are moving? Although I'm excited for you I'm a bit sad its not to Colorado. What part of Kansas... did you know Casey Cottam is in Topeka?
You make me proud Sister! I am sure you will be a huge blessing to your future friends in Kansas just as you have been in Michigan. You will love Kansas - didn't Dorothy end up loving it? =)
Post a Comment