Now that it's over, I think I have to say I really enjoyed Halloween this year. The kids got just the right amount of candy, and I am proud to say that I didn't raid their buckets...not even for the Reeses Peanut Butter cups. Although there is still one left in Meagan's bucket, not that I was looking.
The kids of course had all kinds of ideas about what they wanted to be this year. Isaac decided early in September that he wanted to be Cosmo the Cougar. Thankfully we had the jersey and the hat. I added a tail and some "furry" (maybe fuzzy is a better word in this case) arms and legs. He had a great time, even though no one at school knew who he was. There was a boy in the ward dressed as Cosmo to for the ward Trunk-or-Treat, a couple of our BYU fan friends gave them an extra handful of candy. The mismatched socks were not intended to be part of the costume, just Isaac's added bonus.
Aaron wanted to be Woody. After a lot of tinkering, all I have to say is that I did my best. He didn't seem to care to much about any of it once he had the neckerchief on.
Miya dressed as a bear, making use of the coat I bought her last winter that she was never big enough to wear. As you can see from the picture she is now to big to wear it. :) She looked so cute with her little hood on. She never figured out that she had black makeup on her nose so she didn't bother to smear it all over everything.
Kip tried to convince Meagan early on to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. She wasn't to interested until her best friend at school (who also moved here this year) told her that she was going to be Dorothy. She loved the costume, and I guess that is all that matters. I am not sure I will take on the big of a project for Halloween again.
1 comment:
You did a great job on their costumes. That is a big job to start and then finish!! Your kids are growing up so fast. We hope that you are enjoying your new home and making new friends. We only wish that you had moved closer this way! :)
Post a Comment